View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #1341
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Agreed. There was plenty of blame to go around, but Can and Wijnaldum were the biggest culprits. Ox too really. The midfield let West Brom walk right through multiple times.

Mignolet luckily wasn't at fault for any of the goals, but he was comically bad. He was completely useless on the goal that was called back. It should have been a simple catch but he's too busy pushing on the back of an oppenent. And he was just as bad on the the play when he was challenged in the air by an offside player. He was way offside, so it didn't matter, but it's like...you know you're 6'4 and can use your hands right?
And this is something that we're going to find out soon, because neither Karius nor Mignolet own their area, but VVD does. So are we content with them to sit back and do as they're told? For now, I guess we dont have a choice, but defenders like their keepers to be a bit more assertive.

I like the old English keepers where they owned their 18 yard box, their CBs knew it and the attacking strikers knew it.

If you want to put your head on a ball being crossed into the box thats your business but you're going to have to do it through their fists.

The thing is, the midfield really let us down today and you could see everything die right in the middle of the pitch and as soon he pulls Can off and injects Henderson the whole things switches 180 degrees but damage done.

I really think we can make the back 4 work with the current personnel but they've got to shore up the holding mids. Henderson cant do it all on his own, Can looks to be out the door and holding mid isnt his best use anyways and Wijnaldum has been woeful lately.

And what the hell is with Mane? He spent more time on the deck than on his feet!

Anyways, just a terrible game, but full credit to West Brom, they wanted that one more. A lot more.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote