View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #100
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
It's a garbage hack piece that skips discussion of ideas and just tries to slander the subject. If that article is your definition of the embodiment of 'having a lot of meat' it speaks more about you than it does about Peterson. At no point is there an honest discussion of ideas or combative arguments proving his viewpoints wrong. Just various slanderous ways of saying 'If you were educated correctly, you would clearly see how this is all wrong'

ad hominum:
It’s an opinion piece, actually, and the meat I was talking about paints a picture of Peterson using his own words, mostly:

Quote:
...he does retweet Daily Caller articles with opening lines like: “Yet again an American city is being torn apart by black rioters.” He has dedicated two-and-a-half-hour-long YouTube videos to “identity politics and the Marxist lie of white privilege.”...

...Petersonites can get access to the Self Authoring Suite (a USD $119.92 value!). Those looking for further opportunities to give him money can pay USD $9.99 for “100 question phrases” which “can be found, along with similar question sets, elsewhere on the web” so that they might learn how your personality compares to 10,000 others...

...when explaining things like men are helpless before “crazy women” and “harpies” because it’s not socially acceptable for men to hit women and that this is “undermining the masculine power of the culture” in a way that will prove “fatal”...

...In July, he posted a video on his YouTube page laying out a plan to launch a website on which students and parents could have courses rated for them by artificial intelligence that could detect a “postmodern cult course.” His aim, he explained, was to cut off “the supply to the people that are running the indoctrination cults.” Ultimately, the champion of free speech said, he hoped the project would shut down whole departments that upset him....

...He’s already concluded that the entire fields of “women’s studies, and all the ethnic studies and racial studies groups” “have to go,”and that sociology, anthropology, English literature, and education are all “corrupt.”...

...”“I was going to put an end to your pomo-Marxist plotting once and for all but a third of respondents to a Twitter poll advised against it, so you’re safe… for now!” ...
For those unfamiliar with JP, yeah, there’s meat on that bone. Not sure what it says about me, but I’m sure someone is willing to tell me.

Are people upset that the article presented truths about JP? Or that it did it in a mocking way that also mocked his followers that ignore a lot of that stuff?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote