View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #86
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
That owner knows how to run a small business. Free baklava piece with every order. Super friendly. Good food.
The owner really is a great guy. I moved out of the area a few months after they had opened, but before then I was eating there at least 3 times a week(I’m a bit of a donair addict, and it was literally less than 100 yards door to door from my place) at that time I was usually the only customer in the restaurant. A few months after moving away I was in the area and had a craving so I stopped by little Lebanon. It was pretty full but the owner immediately recognized me and jokingly said nice of me to stop by with a laugh. I said I was in the area and had been missing the place and he said they had been missing me as well and asked if I wanted my usual(he remembered my exact order) I said yes and explained to him that I hadn’t been in recently was because I just had my first child and moved into a bigger place that wasn’t in the area. He said since I just had a kid I would be getting upgraded to a large donair for free(I usually ordered the regular). I thanked him and waited for my donair to be ready. He handed me the donair at the till and said it was nice seeing me again and wished me a good day. I said I still haven’t paid for my donair and he said what do you mean I just told you that you were getting a large donair for free. I was kind of shocked and I offered to pay anyways because they were still such a new business but he said he wouldn’t take my money so I thanked him again, then when he went to get the next order and wasn’t looking I threw my $10 bill I was going to pay with into the tip jar.

I’ve moved even further away since then so I haven’t eaten there in years but I’m really happy he has managed to keep the place going for what must be coming up on 10 years now.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post: