View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 04:06 PM   #167
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Actually, there are 4 sides. The IOC, the IIHF, the NHL and the NHLPA.

The IOC/IIHF said that the NHL would have to pay for everything and in return receive nothing.

Easy deal to turn down right?

The NHLPA was given a couple opportunities to go. Nothing.
Yes and the league has the opportunity to go anyways, they didn’t think it made sense to without an extension and the players didn’t feel it made sense to take the extension in exchange for participation.

Quote:
What offer? One has to exist for there to be a negotiation.
Ummm this one:

Quote:
The League proposed an offer and the players did......nothing.
Quote:
Maybe they assumed that the League would never simply deny Olympic participation.

They were wrong.

They also did a grand total of 'absolutely nothing' to secure something that they claim to be very dear to their hearts.

So the IIHF/IOC tried to screw the NHL, the NHLPA did a sum total of zero and the NHL just said:

"Okay fine then. Have fun."

And now here we are.

But yeah, its 100% on the players. If they really, truly wanted to be there they were given opportunities that they did absolutely nothing with.

Its not Bettman's fault, you cant blame 'the man' on this one for keeping the poor players down.
I don’t know why you continue to assume I’m blaming Bettman. I’ve made it prettt clear that my position is this is the end result of 2 sides(or 4 depending on how you look at it) not coming to an agreement.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote