View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #328
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

The people who support the City in this matter would do themselves a favour not to exaggerate their claims. Residents were not told a decade ago that they would need to move with nowhere to go. Originally they were told that they would be allowed to move to East Hills. It was only in the last few years that that changed. They were not given tens of thousands of dollars. If they walked away, they got $10 000. They got $20 000 if they moved their trailer away, which many people were hard pressed to do if there is no space in Calgary.

The letter does exist and was posted here earlier. To me it sounds like the City made them a promise, but I'm not a lawyer. Clearly it was not sufficient or there was something else that cancelled it out, since they lost in court. Obviously the City had the legal right to do what they did, but I'm not a fan of the move and I'm glad the residents at least got their day in court. And I'm not a fan of this, "Haha, you lost, get out," sentiment some people have. They've already lost, they don't need an extra kick while they're down.
Amethyst is online now   Reply With Quote