View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 09:13 AM   #1197
theg69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Not at the end of the game - three minutes or less. Name me a time he did. He didn't even do it when tied two games ago. He was being called out for it with 6 whole minutes to go.
Unfortunately he does do it when tied - remember the Stajan penalty at 17:59 of the 3rd period when tied with Philly?

Even with 6 minutes to go in a tied game on the road, there is an argument that the fourth line (that gets cratered in terms of possession and chances) shouldn't be out. Part of it is how awful our bottom 6 has been this year, but the coach has to take some of the blame for that. Further to that - I think if he wants to have the fourth line out at that juncture (less than 10 min left in a close game) - they should be insulated with the top pairing (Gio-Hamilton) and not put out with the 3rd pairing. I still felt that the coaching decision there was responsible for wasting a great night by our top line.

I would tend to agree that GG is not a terrible coach - but he is what typifies mediocre. He tends to be stubborn to make changes that are obvious to a message board but does have some innate flexibility to make those changes (what else would explain not icing the "ideal lineup" most of us wanted until almost a quarter way through the season).

I think posters on both sides do make some good points and I actually would agree with a lot of them - but that just confirms how I feel about him - which is mediocre and so-so. I do hope that if a coach with a fantastic track record comes along, that we make the move to get him - just because I do agree with the sentiment that GG isn't the right coach to take this team to the promised land.
theg69 is offline   Reply With Quote