View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #213
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I would think the last thing a pipeline company wants is a spill. Lost income from the line being down, horrible publicity, cleanup costs...what makes you think they aren't doing their best, within reason, not because of regulations but because it makes sense for the company?
Why would we need regulations if that was why they did it?

There are definitely business and political reasons for why they would want safer pipelines, however there are also business reasons for why they would be inlclined to choose cost over performance.

They are doing things to make things better, I’m not denying that. Are they doing all that they can? Maybe. Is it possible they’re not? Also maybe.

Until someone can definitively say it’s impossible for them to do more, I will continue to challenge them to do better. I’m not saying no new pipelines until they do X, I’m saying the companies should continue to be scrutinized until the issue is addressed to a level where we can comfortably say all is being done. Obviously we can’t test new technology without building new pipelines, so we don’t improve without trying.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote