View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 03:09 PM   #3595
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Probably needed green text, but I think a trade for Marner would involve Dougie Hamilton, and I'm okay with that. I'm getting frustrated with his lack of common and hockey sense.

I think a deal like this would work for both teams:

Marner and Gardiner

for

The Hamilton's and Bennett

Leafs upgrade their defense with Dougie who I'm sure still holds a lot of value despite what I think of him. They get their poor man's Doug Gilmour in Bennett.

Flames take a bit of a perceived downgrade in Gardiner but get a second legit playmaker after Gaudreau.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Jagr
Ferland-Backlund-Frolik
Tkachuk-Janko-Marner
Versteeg-Lazar-Brouwer

Gio-Hamonic
Brodie-Stone
Gardiner-Andersson
Kulak

I think that gives the Flames 3 dangerous scoring lines. The defense "looks" like the top 4 takes a hit, but there is greater overall balance with the 3rd pairing getting an upgrade.

I think I just puked in my mouth a bit..

Hamilton is a bonafide top pair Right D. Arguably the most difficult position to trade for. Let's trade him for a soft winger and a Dman who last year people who follow the team were sayin he was AHL fodder and doesn't look that much better this year. Add to that a a top 5 pick who was rushed to the NHL but is the farthest thing from soft, has tons of jam and tons of skill but is snake-bitten?

That's just effed up..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IgiTang For This Useful Post: