View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #119
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Schools and services? Could it look like this? Perhaps maybe indigenous people have to let go of some of their cultural ties.

Let's compare a native person to an immigrant for this scenario. What if a native person were treated like an immigrant (i know it's weird but hear me out). An immigrant comes to Canada and they get a PR Card and SIN. With this PR Card they get services that even us Canadian Citizens don't get. Like free english classes (LINC). Free training and employment services like CIWA and CCIS. There are seminars and workshops for them, all FREE to integrate into Canadian life. They do keep some of their culture but it's always a tricky balance.

Now what does a native person get? This is where I probably show my ignorance. Do they get free English classes? Sure they know English on the reservations but it is good enough to compete and work with urbanites? Do they get funded training and employment services specifically targeted to them? Do they get seminars and workshops.

If not, why is the immigrant holding a PR card getting more services than the native person, that's there the money and education should go.
You pose a compelling question... I’d love to hear Trudeau respond to it.

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote