View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 09:41 PM   #157
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
Any tips for winter running? I don't have any gear for winter time.

Thanks!

Fo base-layers, you can get merino wool long-sleeved shirts for Costco really cheap. Merino long underwear you can get at the Bay on sale sometimes. Depending on how cold, I would wear a sweater too.

For outer layers; running pants from Running Room, a Marmot waterproof shell. Generic toque and neck gaiter. Glove liners and shells from MEC. My hands still felt cold to the point of me getting kind of nervous for the first 20-30 minutes of a run during -30 last winter. They warmed up eventually. I might need to look at new gloves, myself. The MEC shells get really stiff in the cold.

Saucony Peregrine Ice for shoes. I am not really a huge fan of these, I still feel a bit unstable on ice. My wife said there was a company selling the DIY spikes you put into your shoes at Melissa’s Race, so maybe those are available locally now.

Wearing glasses in winter while running sucks. I am not sure if there is some neck gaiter you can put over your face to prevent fogging your glasses, but I haven’t found anything cheap. Contact lenses I guess are the best alternative.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post: