View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #2613
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think what's annoying about the Flames crying poverty argument, is that there has to be at least 8-10 owners in the league who would switch markets with Calgary, even playing in the Dome, if making money was the primary concern. In Calgary you can make more money as a championship level team relative to many markets, and more importantly you can make more money when you're at E=NG levels of bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
I suggested this several pages back. That would of course require the team to be sold and agreement from the BoG. Would they? Would be an interesting exercise for sure. In the Green Bay model there are about 5,000,000 shares, with the last public offering being 269,000 shares starting at $250. I figure it would take about $1B to buy out ownership and then build a new arena from cash. So with a $250 per share IPO price, that would mean about 4,000,000 shares.

So how many shares worthless pieces of paper can I put you down for?
If it's like the Packers "shares", I hope you got a nice frame for them. If anything maybe Murray should take the Flames public in an IPO like Manchester United...lol.