View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 09:22 AM   #485
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not a goalie parent but having been through evals for may years for multiple kids, and being somewhat involved in the process I can feel your pain. Evaluating goalies is unlike other positions in many ways and most MHA's have different methods to do it. I think most of the rationale lies in that there are very few people (volunteer evaluators) who truly understand the position and what to look for. Also factor in that during scrimmages a goalie may or may not get a good look based on how the scrimmage goes. How do you compare two goalies, one of whom was shelled all scrimmage while the other only saw a few shots? I think most MHA's have gone to independent evaluators such as World Pro or GDI to do the evaluating form them and they use the skill sessions almost 100% for the grading. What happens during the scrimmages has very little to do with where the goalies are placed, they are essentially finished their evals after the skills and are only playing the scrimmages as a formality. At least that was the impression I got from our Eval group when my son was still playing and I was evaluating.

Doesn't help you at all I know. And it sucks. Actually the entire evaluation process can be the most stressful part of the year.
Lubicon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post: