View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #2020
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Yup, I said I would support a rule of thirds model. Not specific dollars, just the model. This is also a viable model, based on one implemented up the road. There are various models that could work. In relation to the poll you posted, I picked that particular option. Doesn't mean its the only option I think can work. I guess that's what makes me different? I'm not completely sold on any single solution for anything. There are many ways to skin the same cat. I wish more people would look at the issue that way.

Say, did your taxes pay for the Saddledome? Did your taxes pay for the renovation? Mine did, and I don't get any value out of those dollars spent. So please, STFU about not living in Calgary nor having the outcome of this affecting me. The majority of the infrastructure you use, and that education you're claiming to have, was paid for by my taxes that I contributed for over 35 years. Just because someone moved away from Calgary does not mean they no long have, nor never had, an investment in the city, nor interest in the direction it takes.

Signed - a second tier fan
You seem like a reasonable fella.

My comment was pure fact. You don't live in Calgary. A property tax increase to pay for an arena wouldn't affect you one nickel.

If you don't get any value out of the Saddledome, then you're also not likely going to get any value out of a new arena (unless Celine does a tour to the new arena and you must come here to see her). Your only interest is in discussing the details of this hypothetical deal from afar. Discuss away.

Don't get pissy with me gramps and play all high and mighty about your taxes paid for this and that. Did your taxes pay for the Corral? Did your taxes pay for the Victoria Arena? Did your taxes pay for the railroad that built this country? Not one penny of your taxes paid for my education. Did you pay for the peace bridge, cycle network, airport tunnel, west LRT? Probably not. If you ever use any next time you're in the City please drop by to say thanks.

You had every right to have an official say on how your property tax dollars were spent in the time you were paying them, just like I do now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post: