View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #85
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Sad. One group wants to protect Calgarians, the other wants to charge the ticket buyer more and raid the pocketbook of the taxpayer for the same product dressed up with a few more bells and whistles.

I'm not opposed to a fair deal, a new arena is a pure luxury and one of questionable value at that. If King and Co want to start putting up a stink and making noise, I say let them, because I can't see how this doesn't backfire spectacularly in their faces.

You're asking a city full of people who had to re-examine their financial situation and undergo some pretty difficult times all around to raid their city tax revenue for more luxury boxes, more expensive seats, and maybe a fancy new jumbotron. It just seems tone-deaf.
The Following 82 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
aaronck, Art Vandelay, Barnet Flame, ben voyonsdonc, Benched, Burninator, calculoso, Calgary Highlander, Cali Panthers Fan, Cappy, CliffFletcher, Cole436, Conroy4Mayor, CorsiHockeyLeague, Cowboy89, D as in David, DFO, drewtastic, DT77, DynamRyan, Flacker, FLAMESRULE, Funkhouser, Galakanokis, Gaskal, getbak, GreenHardHat, greyshep, Grimbl420, GullFoss, Hakan and the Loobs, Hey Connor, It's Mess, Hockey-and_stuff, I-Hate-Hulse, iggypop, Inferno099, Jawbone Hill, jayocal, jayswin, Jore, JT45, Kaine, ken0042, KevinKlineReadingABook, kkaleR, KootenayFlamesFan, lazypucker, Lonestar, M*A*S*H 4077, Magnum PEI, malcolmk14, MarchHare, Mazrim, megatron, mile, MonaTone, mrkajz44, MrMike, Nyah, OldDutch, Ozy_Flame, Passe La Puck, Phaneufenstein, renny, rubecube, Scornfire, Senator Clay Davis, slybomb, SoCalFlamesFan, Sr. Mints, Strange Brew, surferguy, Table 5, Textcritic, TheScorpion, TopChed, topfiverecords, Two Fivenagame, Ullr, vennegoor of hesselink, Wormius, Zulu29