View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #9
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

We lived in our trailer for 5 weeks before our house was built, so most of this opinion is heavily weighted on that experience.

Prioritize based on weight and dedicated bed space.

As mentioned, give yourself a large buffer for vehicle capacity vs trailer weight. Look for the card inside the trailer to verify this, don't trust what the sales guys says.

Couches/Tables that turn into beds are okay, but only for small children. We made sure we had a full sized queen and a master bedroom, and put in a real mattress for comfort. This might not be as crucial for regular camping vs our situation.

Budget to replace the batteries with 2x (or 4) 6V batteries, including a secure box to hold them in, and if possible get a solar charger for them to maintain charge.

Bathroom is a must, especially if you have girls. Mine refuse to use an outhouse, so that amplifies the need for me. Shower is okay, bu I think that our shower is pretty tight for an adult, and the shower surround is pretty flimsy, ie we stand in it and you can tell that you are just standing on the drain pipe that is underneath.

Get some sort of sprayer to help clean out your black tank, either built in, or added in afterwards. So nice knowing that when you dump you don't have a mountain of something that is stuck in there, especially when you put away for winter. We had a family member not clean theirs out properly last year and then when the pulled it out for the family reunion a few weeks back, it reeked to be anywhere near it.