Thread: Public "Art"
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 08:30 AM   #306
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley View Post
It amazes me how many people still think this guy can do no wrong.

First, in his characteristic holier-than-thou manner, he describes the people criticizing the piece as a 'lynch mob,' despite being part of a similar 'lynch mob' with respect to the blue ring a few years. Then, presumably after consulting with advisers and realizing he was out of line, releases a statement in an attempt to sway to populist support from said 'lynch mob.'

All I want to see from the mayor is consistency in his actions. That is what he promised and that's one of the things that attracted me to working on his campaign in 2009. Unfortunately this is yet another example of him acting inconsistently with the values he purportedly holds. Sadly, he's become just another huckster politician.
Who said he could do no wrong? His statement wasn't wrong. That's all we're talking about and all I'm talking about.

I wasn't commenting on his opinion of the blue ring from 1402 days ago, nor was I talking about anything he said in his campaign 2780 days ago. Like what are you even talking about? Did you quote me by mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
The ONLY reason he "changed" his stance on this in a few short hours is because his team started to see the backlash at his asinine comments and with an election only a couple months out, he was forced to look at things a little more pragmatically in regards to his re-election campaign. (he isn't in town IIRC)

I don't believe for a second this had absolutely anything to do with "listening" to his constituents.
lol, well would you be more satisfied if his team "listened" to constituents and he took their advice on the matter? Isn't it ultimately the same thing?

This is so nuts. Here the mayor is doing exactly what people in this thread want him to do, and you have posters whining about that now. So dopey.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote