Thread: Public "Art"
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 08:05 AM   #304
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Or realize you were wrong, admit that, and come up with a better way forward. I don't see anything wrong with his statement. I also think the guy on the horse comment could be taken literally, which would be fine, but could also mean he's as tired as the rest of us are with these ugly modern art disasters and just wants some art that looks like an actual thing instead of a rusty mess.
It amazes me how many people still think this guy can do no wrong.

First, in his characteristic holier-than-thou manner, he describes the people criticizing the piece as a 'lynch mob,' despite being part of a similar 'lynch mob' with respect to the blue ring a few years. Then, presumably after consulting with advisers and realizing he was out of line, releases a statement in an attempt to sway to populist support from said 'lynch mob.'

All I want to see from the mayor is consistency in his actions. That is what he promised and that's one of the things that attracted me to working on his campaign in 2009. Unfortunately this is yet another example of him acting inconsistently with the values he purportedly holds. Sadly, he's become just another huckster politician.
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote