View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #2292
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
Lol at you and all the people who thanked you.

We all know it's likely not going to happen. But this is a better convo than talking about the mighty ducks movies.

So you just stop.. get a grip and try and laugh a little..
Well the idea is painful to some of us. It's like your mom asking you why you don't get back together with your ex-girlfriend. Some of us have put the Iginla era behind us and moved on. Some of us don't have the fondest memories of the latter part of Iginla's time here and wished ownership had allowed Iginla to be traded earlier and the rebuild started with real assets back for him instead of the joke of a trade that Feaster made. Some of us wish the GM at the time had the balls to be intellectually honest when he clearly wasn't. Personally I resent Iginla for the way he handled the trade, the list of 4 which became only PIT. Refusing to be traded to BOS and then signing there the summer after. Tricking our idiot GM into thinking he could actually trade you somewhere other than PIT. That was a very dark time with a borderline incompetent GM at the helm. Luckily for us we sucked right when there was some deep drafts. Some of us are over Iginla completely. When I think of him I don't think of 2004. I think of all the failed attempts to build around him, the complete lack of intellectual honesty about the team as we floundered near the end of his time here, the way his trade went down and the fact we got a late 1st and two nothing prospects. Painful memories. The good times with Iginla are ancient memories now. Iginla is a shell of his former self. Some people would be happy to see him here? I think it would be sad to see him here, being ineffective 5 on 5, struggling to stay in the lineup.

I'm a huge Flames fan. Watched Iginla's entire tenure here. I have zero interest in having him back. I don't think he'd contribute much at all to the on ice product and I think he'd be a huge distraction off the ice. LOL at people like me all you want. We're sick of hearing the pining for him. I wish it would stay in the Iginla destination thread personally.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: