View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #2752
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I always got the idea that glamouring just changed what the viewer saw. Melisandre was always a tiny old woman, but she was able to use her magic to convince others that she looked like a young beautiful woman.

I would assume that Arya's power works the same. She remains a teenage girl, but she just looks like whoever she wants. Do the masks even physically exist? I don't recall seeing piles of skin masks laying around when they are ripped off. Arya doesn't seem to need to carry around physical masks with her. We see people pulling off masks, but not actually carrying them around afterwards.
She probably does need to carry around a skin mask if she wants to repeatedly become that person. All the processes they did with the bodies and the fact that there was an actual hall of skin masks where she learned this stuff suggests the face masks are needed.

One thing that has bothered me about the consistency in her character though was when she killed Walder Frey. She delivered the pies as a servant girl. Was this his regular servant girl, in which case Arya must have just killed some random girl in order to get to Walder? Not very consistent with her principles.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote