Old 08-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #92
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Let's start tracking this here.

I propose the following methodology.

The Friday two weeks before, 1 week before, the week of, and the week after we note the gas price. Gasbuddy will be used as the definitive source. We track 3 data points. 2B - 1B, 1B-0B, and 0B-1A.

We track both the magnitude of the increase/decrease and if it occurred or not.

My supposition is that it will be no more likely to rise before a long weekend than the week before that or the week after the long weekend. In general expect to see higher prices i. Summer than in spring or fall.

I propose we track Easter, May Long, Canada Day, August Long, Labour Day, and Thanks giving.

Do you have any suggestions to improve this methodology? I think in about 3 years we can start to review results.
Wasn't that already done in the chart that was posted above that you're conveniently ignoring, and still harping on your singular study. You'd be a bad researcher.

I'll post it one more time for you to peruse, the upward blue lines reflect the price increases, the downward blue lines reflect the price decreases, and getbak nicely indicated the dates you were proposing. Yes, there are upward blue lines independant of the holidays, small increases and decreases. Nobody is denying that for a second, and I think that study you posted whitewashes that a bit by saying "# of increases vs # of decreases" with little quantification of the actual degree or percentage of $ value. Saying you have 5 .09c increases is much different when you have 5 .02 c decreases, even though they are equal numbers of each. Thank you getbak

Last edited by Aleks; 08-05-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aleks For This Useful Post: