View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 06:57 AM   #756
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Just a question Gaudfather, are you in the industry? Are you part of the design, planning and costing? I don't think you are. I have worked on a couple of the proposed projects and I don't know why you make unsubstantiated claims like this.

The sports facility costs have not been underestimated. Each required venue, renovated or new, has been meticulously researched and preliminary schemes have been presented as to what would be required. They are in the hands of the bid committee. Cost savings are very much on the minds of the committee and these aren't loosey-goosey numbers that were just tossed around.
I will admit this is just an outsiders view, and I am willing to let time be the judge if these games do proceed. But my experience on capital projects is there are always unanticipated developments that are not budgeted for. As an example I was hearing someone say that the revamp of the ski jumps at COP need so much work that they have tossed around the idea of doing the ski jumping at Whistler.

Is there anything in the facility costs for the new arena or new field-house. Or are they being excluded because they will have other functions?
Gaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote