View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:47 PM   #1
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:
Default 2017 IAAF World Campionships, August 4-13

We're only a short period of time away from the start of the IAAF World Championships in London so I figured I would start a thread now. This is the most anticipated track meet of the year with tons of storylines to follow and lots of Canadian content.

The premier event will of course be the Men's 100m Final, in our last opportunity to watch Usain Bolt compete at this level. Canadian star Andre De Grasse will also be running for gold. CBC will also live coverage of the Men's 100m heats on August 4, starting at 13:20 (Mountain). The semifinals will be carried live on August 5 at 12:05, with the Final set to begin at 14:45.

Melissa Bishop will be running for Canada in the Women's 800m attempting to improve on the 4th place finish she had in Rio last year. Bishop set the Canadian record in this distance at the Diamond League Event in Monaco last week.

Reigning Olympic Champion Derek Drouin is hoping to compete in the high jump despite an injury, and reigning World Champion Shawn Barber will be competing in the pole vault.

Another highlight of the event will be Britain's Mohamad Farah running in his final IAAF World Championship, he will be trying to win his 4th straight Gold Medal in the 5000m and 3rd straight Gold Medal in the 10,000m.

I'm sure that there will be lots more news leading into the event, and hopefully we can have enough interest here to keep an active thread.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post: