View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #164
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
here's my third theory.

The contract was terrible the moment it was signed. He was never worth it. What you're seeing, is Brouwer. Not mailing it in, or even a down season. Just the player he is. He could "rebound" in the same way Lance Bouma might get lucky and score 10 goals in a season again, but it doesn't make him a good player.
So, let me get this straight.

Troy Brouwer has played nine full seasons in the NHL. In that time since 2008 he has scored between 10 goals/25 points per season and 25 goals/43 points per season. His career average is 16 goals and 36 points per year. In five of his ten NHL seasons he was over the 16 goal/36 point threshold. Last year before his injury he was on pace to score 18 goals and 38 points, which looks pretty close to his career average.

But, you would rather have us accept that his 13 goals and 25 points are a more accurate representation of "just the player he is." His worst statistical season in his entire NHL career is a good extrapolation of what Brouwer is going forward.

I am sorry, but that is patently ridiculous. To compare his "one off" bad season to Bouma's "one off" good season and suggest that both are the same player is absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: