View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 08:30 AM   #70
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

1) (At least) Tie the season series with the Oilers. Should be do-able with more consistent goaltending. I feel like there were a lot of factors that led to us getting swept mainly including Grossmann and Elliott. I don't think they're all that much better than us (if at all) and their record outside of their otherworldly 7-1 start justifies that.

2) Win the season series with the Ducks (including one at that cursed rink which we shall not name). Man, when is this team going to go away? I for one think we definitely outplayed them in the PO's and were done over by ridiculous bounces against, along with our top line shooting literally 0% at even strength while maintaining dominant possession numbers. Yes their d-core is young and enviable, but at the same time we have so much more internal growth that's just ready to take place. Bennett was just beginning to blossom last April and even had Bob Murray take notice (to the point where he publicly singled him out as a player that blew him away). Monahan, Gaudreau and Tkachuk are still all super young and are not yet done getting better (especially Tkachuk who is just scraping at his potential. No reason why he's can't be a Corey Perry / Jamie Benn type of franchise winger as long as he continues to work hard on his skating). Not to mention our young 6'4 220lb gazelle of a center in Jankowski that possess the tools to become a dominant forward in this league. Size, skating, hands, vision, shot, defensive acumen... You name it, he has it. Whether he puts it together is still yet to be seen, but his raw tools alone should guarantee that he becomes at least an NHL'er in some sort of capacity.

3) At least a .915 sv% from our starting goaltender. Not much to say here. I have faith in Smith (as long as he's healthy).

Last edited by Love; 06-21-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote