View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #691
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I am trying to remember how things went down at the end of Breaking Bad for Saul. Were the feds after him, or did he just use his "guy" to get himself protection from various bad guys who might target him? I wonder if he has anyway of just sitting it out and returning to his "Saul" or "Jimmy" life. Maybe collecting his Sandpiper cheque and living happily ever after.
They didn't directly show that law enforcement was after him, but he bugged out because of his connections to Walt/Heisenberg. He knew damn well the feds would make that connection, and would figure out his criminal involvement with Walt, Jesse, Mike, and Gus.

IMO, there is no going back for Jimmy/Saul.

To address Jimmy's scheme to redeem Irene. Hey, that rhymes! Anyways, I think they tried to illustrate that no matter what Jimmy would say to the women they would just think he is a good person that has a soft spot for Irene. Although he was telling the truth, he had built up a lie so well that he would never be able to reason them back into the truth. I think his only recourse was to trick them back into the truth.

I don't think Chuck intentionally meant to knock the lantern off. From what I was interpreting, Chuck was overwhelmed with guilt regarding his "you never really mattered that much to me" comment. His mental health quickly regressed, and he was 'zoned out', for lack of a better term. The kicking was a coping mechanism kind of tick while completely locked in his illness.

And I don't think he's dead.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: