View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #3363
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Interesting that you're challenging a "plainly stated" argument that PepsiFree never actually made, Corsi. He never said there is "no moral difference" between our hypothetical 16-year-old drug dealer and 6-year-old Sally. He said there is no difference in how he views the outcome: a child (youth, underage citizen, whatever word you wish to use) is dead, in part, because of US gun culture.
He said: "I don't care any more if a 6 year old year gets accidentally shot or a 16 year old gets shot in a drug deal". That is a moral judgment that treats the two deaths as equivalent.

I don't think I've misrepresented his view in any way here - in fact he's subsequently repeatedly doubled down on the view that there is no distinction among the individual cases and no further information or detail (which he's tried to characterize as "spin") is relevant:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsifree
1300 kids is 1300 kids. Spin it however, but 1300 children aged 0-17 die every year.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno