View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 09:09 PM   #1007
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan in Exile View Post
I agree with you and I concede the point on what goalies get compared to D-men on the open market. Don't want to carry this on further. Really, the initial point with which I concur is that Treliving hasn't solved our needs in net yet. Smith is a stop-gap and hopefully one that succeeds, and hopefully our prospects are ready to take over by then. A lot of big ifs remaining if you ask me. If it's so easy to sign a Talbot or a Jones, then we should have done so by now without squandering so many assets and a berth in the playoffs. Jones for San Jose, Talbot for the Oilers, and Andersen for the Leafs have made huge impacts for their teams. Teams who haven't figured their goaltending out, such as the Stars, have squandered prime years of some great players on their rosters.

So sure, kudos to Treliving for getting Hamilton. But I'm sceptical that we've solved our goaltending issues with this latest move.
Yeah fair enough. Smith is definitely a stop-gap measure. But the Flames do have a gap that needs stopping, and that gap is a #1 goalie. So here we are. Hopefully it works.

I do wonder if we were so spoiled by the ridiculous way the Kiprusoff trade turned out that we might expect too much? Talk about squandering some prime years though. Sigh.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post: