View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 12:08 PM   #69
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I've heard many times from many people that Hillary was corrupt and flawed, and it was her own fault she did not win the election.

I'd like anyone to explain ...

1. What should she have done/done differently, to win the election?

2. How was/is she flawed/corrupt.

Feel free to include links to your sources, ie, Fox news, Breitbart, Infowars, World News Daily etc.
To get this back on topic....

The problem IMO wasn't with what Hillary did, but the choice of Hillary herself. The public wants something different than the outdated conservative/liberal dichotomy. Those words have little meaning to many people these days. No one wants to elect a party insider. This is happening all over the world. Traditional conservative and liberal parties are being turfed.

The Democratic Party further confirmed Hillary's insider status by throwing Sanders under the bus. I don't think people realize quite how serious of a violation of the democratic process that was. The party is supposed to be neutral. Instead we get emails clearly favoring Hillary and attacking Sanders on many grounds, including his religion. I don't care about the circumstances of the leaks, those emails happened, and it's a very big deal.

Hillary herself was also ill suited to handle Trump's campaign. She allowed Trump to drag her down to his level. Trump is a champion in childish bickering, and Hillary allowed Trump to turn every debate into a bickering session.

Hillary also played into Trump's populist campaign in other ways. For example, accusing Trump of being a sex offender because he made jokes about women allowing him to grab their @#$@#$. Those are awful comments, but they were also made in the company of other men in an attempt to elicit laughs. As distasteful as that is, at the end of the day, we all know people who've said much much worse. To make as big of a deal, as the Hillary campaign did, out of those comments, further pushes the elitist nature of the Hillary camp. The correct approach would have been simply to leak the recordings and then make a few sly comments about them during debate. Rallying the SJWs is going to gain Hillary the vote of the SJW (which Hillary already had) but feeds far too much into Trump's own campaign.

Strangely enough, the election in many ways replayed the dichotomy between Bush Sr. and Bill Clinton. A party insider, with troubles relating to the public, vs what people perceived to be a fresh perspective. Regardless of whether Trump was actually a fresh perspective or not, in relation to Hillary's campaign, he certainly came across that way.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: