View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 05:16 PM   #143
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
I seriously don't know how you could possibly make the case that getting cross checked from behind away from the play by one player is an acceptable risk of a ref. I can think of only one case where this happened and it's this one. A hockey rink is a dangerous place but it's not the wild west where anything goes.
Whoa, let me be clear, I'm not personally making any case. I'm saying Mr. Henderson knows it's possible he can get struck by a player unsuspectingly from anywhere and goes to work accepting that possibility. Just like I know I can die during my commute to work and nevertheless start my engine up. But no, such an incident is never acceptable and I don't even know why these guys are even on the ice surface to begin with.

Oh wait, they get paid a few hundred grand for three hours work only 82 games a year. That's why! Meanwhile iron workers or whoever bust their hump in more dangerous trades and they do it 8 hours a day 240 times a year for a mere fraction of that. And they don't get to sue because of the workers' compensation acts.

I'm not saying I blame Henderson for doing what he's doing and I feel bad for his suffering. I just don't buy the whole ignorance argument. North America is way too litigious and it seems like anybody who has anything bad happen to them deserves a payday.
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkGio For This Useful Post: