View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #106
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I would prefer the Flames not commit that term to Bishop but I could live with it as long as Sigalet doesn't get his hands on him. The last four goaltenders he's touched have all busted but the silver lining was that they were all on expiring deals. I would hate to have Bishop come in here and start regressing at the beginning of a five year contract. As long as Sigalet remains on the staff I would prefer any goaltending additions to be on contracts as short as possible. The two goaltenders he coaches last season are both out of the NHL and the two he coached this season are going to be looking at reduced UFA contracts due to poor play season. IMO there's a bit of smoke here.
I really can't tell you what Sigalet does or doesn't do, so I can't pass any judgement on him.

I really doubt he does much to change the way these guys actually play, or has any effect on their mental make up. Especially the older veteran guys, maybe he has more influence on the younger up and comers, I don't know.

What I do know is that the goalies he's had to work with really aren't all that and a bag of chips. This years tandem is the best he's had to work with, and before that only really Hiller had any success at the NHL level, although he was on a pretty steep decline before even arriving here.

I find it really hard to pin this on the goalie coach, and I highly doubt he'd have any effect on Bishop one way or another should BB choose to sign here.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: