View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 11:35 AM   #103
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I get that people are sour on Bishop, he had a tough year, but it happens to pretty much all players. He's elite though, and elite players usually bounce back to form and I would bet on that being the case here as well.

I think BT should try to use the flooded goalie market, combined with an off season from Bishop to get him on a much more palatable deal than the 7 x $7 million we heard about at the draft last year.

5 or 6 x $6 million I could handle.

Finally get our eggs in an actual elite starters basket, and good lord his playoff numbers make me drool.

If Gillies or Parsons or whoever actually come along and prove something, well that will be a good problem to have.
I would prefer the Flames not commit that term to Bishop but I could live with it as long as Sigalet doesn't get his hands on him. The last four goaltenders he's touched have all busted but the silver lining was that they were all on expiring deals. I would hate to have Bishop come in here and start regressing at the beginning of a five year contract. As long as Sigalet remains on the staff I would prefer any goaltending additions to be on contracts as short as possible. The two goaltenders he coaches last season are both out of the NHL and the two he coached this season are going to be looking at reduced UFA contracts due to poor play season. IMO there's a bit of smoke here.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: