View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 08:46 AM   #762
Crumpy-Gunt
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Lots of posters have said that but with the way Elliot played, do you honestly believe that he wouldn't have let in another weak goal anyways. The high stick goal was really a blessing for him because you can't blame him for that one.

I knew the Flames were done in OT, Elliot was going to give up a weak goal, pretty much the first shot on net.

You can't really blame the refs for this one. 4-1 lead, no power plays for the Ducks, Bennett got away with a boarding on Bieksa. Elliot and Gully blew it.
If that one doesn't count I think we win the game. Also the refs were turning a blind eye to a lot of extra curricular stuff the ducks were doing. Anyway I blame the nhl war room in Toronto. I think Elliott obviously could have played better. Alot of lucky fluke goals. Deflection, referring mistake, off stone and in. He had a stinker but that's not the whole story. If that high stick goal isn't counted then we keep a 2 goal lead untill the 3rd. Close out the game like we did in the last 33 games with a lead. That 3rd goal took the wind out of our sails.
Crumpy-Gunt is offline   Reply With Quote