Thread: For the fan.
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 12:27 AM   #10
vanisleflamesfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mony View Post
Me personally, I have never been this sad about a game before. (Missed '04 because I was only 8 years old at the time, started watching the Flames again in 2013-14)
Yeah... What you say probably comes from the heart and I guess I can respect that. But some of us have been Flames fans for much, much longer. And we are sick of having to get used to having our hearts broken. Some of us were alive and cheering during the '86 heartbreak and the '89 triumph. And so while we do appreciate your opinion, some of us cannot be placated by the 'words of wisdom' coming from a person who is not old enough to remember seeing Gretzky in real life.

The Flames have been breaking our hearts for decades and some of us are not too keen on being lectured by people who still feel that Justin Beiber is a "good musician".

Having our hearts broken by the Flames, and being embarrassed to admit to our friends that we are Flames Fans, is part of our DNA and while we might welcome you into the fold, we will do it with skeptical eyes, not open arms.