View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #113
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
I'm also surprised at the fact dads are being sent home. My wife went into labour at 11:45pm; I had about 45 minutes to an hour sleep at this point. Needless to say I didn't sleep until the next day around 2pm or so (baby was born at 9:40am). I slept for a few hours then back at the hospital. I went home around 8 or so to try and get some sleep.

The nurses got mad at my wife because I wasn't there throughout the night. (Not sure what I could have done with 3-4 hours sleep in the last 48+ hours).
I guess it depends on the delivery time, nurses, and hospital. We went into the hospital around 7pm, baby was born at 7am (no sleep for any of us that night obviously and both myself and mother in law stayed). I didn't go home until much later the next evening around 8pm but wife stayed that extra night. Anyway, all of the nursing staff encouraged me to go home, saying she will be well take care of and I would be useless with no sleep for 2 nights in a row. Maybe some hospitals have better set ups than others, but the Foothills chairs don't recline at all and it would be tough to get more than 15 minutes sleep at a time. Anyway, I was back early the next morning and all was good. I wasn't peaking into the rooms or anything, but didn't seem like too many spouses stayed overnight.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote