View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #626
MBates
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
you mean if what he says is true, he should file a complaint. don't go off on the police and myself when you don't know the story. none of us do.
not saying I refuse to ever find fault in the actions of police, but to be blunt I don't feel the OP is telling the whole truth. (not that he has to, on a hockey message board)

how do you know the OP was telling the complete truth? maybe he was bending the story a bit to make himself the victim. maybe it is the unvarnished truth.

all we know is the OP admits to driving like a jerk and cutting the cop off. anything else is idle speculation. from you and me. I think you're way off the mark in this case of accusing me of blind devotion to the police.
Yes.

I mean, we don't know if he even got a ticket, or if he was even driving or got pulled over or that he even cut anyone off.

My response to your post was assuming that the officer brake-checked the guy complaining.

But then, so did your response which I was critical of.

Your exact words which I quoted:

Quote:
I guess I feel like you deserve the ticket for getting all mad and aggressive and intentionally cutting off a car, and maybe you were tailgating to begin with, leading to him braking on you
You literally assumed it was true that the police officer in the story braked on the car behind him and offered as an apparent explanation that would make this understandable the possibility the officer was being tailgated.

That would make the (possibly fictional) police officer a lawbreaking menace to public safety with apparently the same lack of self-control as the guy who then cut him off (possibly fictionally).

My post stands. Interpreting this (possibly fictional) story as one in which a police officer "braking on" a tailgating motorist is anything but illegal and reprehensible amounts to an astonishing willingness to blindly support police.

If you don't believe the OP just say so. Don't suggest a police officer braking on a tailgater instead of pulling him over safely for tailgating is somehow what the tailgater had coming to him.

You do know that braking on a car following you too close is very dangerous and illegal right? Even if you are carrying a badge?
MBates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MBates For This Useful Post: