View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 07:13 PM   #343
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
I'd say Tkachuk has more tools than Johnny.

Johnny brings very little to the table when he's not on. He's a liability in his own zone and is a turnover machine (9th worst in the league and -44 GA/TA differential).

Tkachuk mean while has been a possession monster, brings physicality and has a mean streak so even if he's not scoring, he's contributing.

Sure, he could very well fall off the map further down the line but Gaudreau could have peaked last year and be a 60 point player from here on in. Can't account for what might happen. All I'm saying is that I think Tkachuk has a good shot of dethroning Gaudreau as the top forward on this team.
This is such a horrible argument. You know who leads the league? Probable Norris winner Brent Burns. Second? Probable Norris runner-up Erik Karlsson. You know who's right behind him? Defending Norris winner Drew Doughty. Some other names around the same area as Gaudreau include Brad Marchand, John Tavares, Dustin Byfulgien, Brent Seabrook, and Logan Couture.

Good players ALWAYS lead the league in turnovers because they have the puck on their stick a lot more. It's like how players on bad teams usually are at the top of the blocked shots category.

Also, while Gaudreau isn't winning any Selke's any time soon, to say he's a liability in his own zone is laughable.

Every player in the league brings nothing if they're "not on", that's why people say they're "not on".
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post: