View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #18
JohnnyTitan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For sure no more subjectivity by the refs. That can't happen...it would outrage us all.

For starters, I like making the glass even higher than it is now. Even two more feet would help.

The thing about this rule that really "Grinds My Gears" is when it results in a 5-on-3. When a team is already short-handed they get some benefit of the doubt by the refs when it comes to assessing an additional penalty. Honestly - we all know it happens and it's actually good for the game. (Like a penalty in playoff overtime...put the whistles away!).

The problem is, the second penalty for over-the-glass is automatic and must be assessed. So a lot of "Cheap" 5-on-3s are awarded in my opinion.

What if an over-the-glass minor could not be served during another minor? Not saying don't issue the penalty...but start the new minor at the end of the previous one. Team is still penalized...but at least there wouldn't be a huge scoring chance created by something that is fluky / accidental?

Flame away. I'm literally making this up on the spot. I think the delay of game call needs to stay...but I hate it leading to the closest thing to an automatic goal (other than a penalty shot).
JohnnyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote