Thread: [OOT] March 21 with ten games!
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 PM   #29
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
The winner of the Ducks and Oilers game will only be 2 points back of the Sharks. Granted the Sharks ROW will give them a tie breaker, but the Sharks might choke away the Division. We might get an Oilers and Flames series with the bloody Oilers as the Division winner.
With the Oilers' butter-soft schedule down the stretch, I'd say that's a pretty realistic scenario, and that's fine by me. Oilers don't have the depth to win a 7 game series, and Talbot and McDingleberry can only take them so far by themselves. Flames would very likely win that series in 5 or 6 games, especially given the motivation they'd have going in and the more rounded/balanced team game that they play. I'd also argue that Elliott is just as good, if not better than Talbot when he's dialed in.

The only advantage I'd give to Edmonton would be their PP, which could potentially be worrisome considering all the phantom, ridiculous calls that would likely go in McDoofus' favor.

The only teams I don't want anything to do with in round 1 are the Ducks and Hawks for obvious reasons. But the Oilers, Sharks, or Wild? I think the Flames match up really well against either one. Bring 'em on.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote