View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 07:52 PM   #64
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
What other players out there do you have to wait right through the entire regular season at $4mil a year before you see if they provide worth?
There's plenty of players out there who have a reputation for being big in the playoffs and being worth waiting for the playoffs to turn it on. Hawks had players like Bickell, Bollig who got it done post season. Edmonton is relaying on Lucic to turn it on when they make it in. All I'm saying, is that I'm willing to wait him out to see if he can get that extra gear when the playoffs roll around.

Waiting for the playoffs to roll around isn't ideal. But luckily the team is winning and the Flames have a chance to dump him due to the expansion draft if he doesn't pan out. If he becomes a big part of a playoff run, then that's good. If not, expose him. Either way, win-win in my opinion. Maybe Brouwer regains some post season magic like he had last year. That's what we'd all like. If that doesn't happen, the Flames use a get out of jail free card with expansion. His contract isn't exactly the anchor it's being made out to be.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote