View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #1203
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Your explanation is plausible but they didn't try. Unless one guy yelling "stop" counts as trying. I guess they were scared of getting shot but I would have expected a more emotional, instinctive response.

I enjoy the show but I keep hoping for more. I don't watch a ton of TV, so I guess my problem is I keep comparing to some of my favorites like GOT, Homeland, Mad Men etc.

24 is probably a more reasonable comparison, a show which was fantastic early on but which I kept watching even as it was running out of steam.
Okay, fair enough. It isnt everyone's cup of tea or particular brand.

But, specific to this scene, you have Ezekiel yelling at Morgan to stop, I think he yells a couple times, but whatever, he cant physically restrain him or risk getting shot.

And one of the things again that I think polarizes this show is that it is based off of 'Zombie-Apocalypse Comic Books.'

Some people like or understand that this means that at times things are going to be weird, its not going to track along like a normal show because it has its roots in comic books which are, by definition, if not insane at least wildly implausible.

Look how long it took to make Comic Book Movies successful.

Its part of why I like it, taking something a little off the wall and adapting it for a show, but they have to stay relatively faithful to the source material to appease the grassroots fans who will undoubtedly be even more highly critical, but they also have to push the story-telling while at the same times living within the confines of TV.

I'm talking about things like TWD and Preacher.

Theres a little bit of everything in there and it cant cater to just one demographic.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: