View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #100
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
We're veering way off, but I have to ask how many defense Lawyers would eventually end up having mental issues and breakdowns.

I mean as much as we talk about dispassion, or defending against illegal or oppressive or unconstitutional prosecutor and police tactics.

someone wouldn't be human if they didn't feel guilt about getting a guilty murderer off, or getting a convicted pedophile a short sentence.
Perhaps veering off, but I think it is a really helpful discussion. The legal community needs to take steps to better explain the judicial system and the role of the lawyer in that system. I think Troutman, MBates, etc. are providing good insight into this area. I hope you agree.

It really is all about the role. I can assure you, these are all humans and I think a good many of them do have stress issues given the importance of the job. (I may be wrong, but personally I think Family law would be the toughest from a mental standpoint).

I think you are jumping the gun about "getting a guilty murderer off". The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty. That is about as fundamental as it gets. I understand the frustration if you consider that some get off on a technicality, but again, a "technicality" is simply following the rules. We need those basic rules for the system to function.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is online now   Reply With Quote