View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #240
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The Super hornet is coming to the end of its production cycle. The USN isn't going to buy anymore as they push the F-35 replacement, and the small orders that are coming in aren't going to continue.

I don't know if there's a need for a true fleet of Growlers when we're basically going to be down to a 3 or 4 squadron airforce. Plus again, if you look at the Growler upgrade costs they're extremely high.

I would expect that all countries that are pushing forward in terms of military aviation are going to concentrate on building gen 5 or budget gen 5 fighters.
The Super Hornet line is going to be open for many more years thanks to orders from Kuwait (40 birds) , plus our 18. The US Navy is also pressing Congress to approve more birds for them as well. I want to be clear, I don't think the Super Hornets are a good fleet option, but i do believe they are an acceptable interim plane to allow Canada fulfill operations abroad. I do hope that they are upgraded to growlers, they could be a significant contribution to NATO or other operations.
Zulu29 is offline   Reply With Quote