View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #239
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
How do you know we won't be getting super bugs prewired to be modified to growlers down the road? I fully agree with you about Trudeau and his muzzling of those on the fighter portfolio. Pretty disgusting. But I wouldn't count the F35 out yet. By the time 5 years rolls around the Eurofighter and Rafale will likely be out of production, leaving only the F35, Saab Gripen or Super Hornet as a replacement. Unless of course some new fighter comes along.
The Super hornet is coming to the end of its production cycle. The USN isn't going to buy anymore as they push the F-35 replacement, and the small orders that are coming in aren't going to continue.

I don't know if there's a need for a true fleet of Growlers when we're basically going to be down to a 3 or 4 squadron airforce. Plus again, if you look at the Growler upgrade costs they're extremely high.

I would expect that all countries that are pushing forward in terms of military aviation are going to concentrate on building gen 5 or budget gen 5 fighters.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote