View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 10:43 AM   #236
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

I recently had a car listed on kijiji and ended up taking $3000 less than ask just to get rid of the car so I didn't have to deal with scammers anymore..

It was relentless. Atleast 2 emails a day from scammers and had 3 calls from people being interested in the car or so it seemed until they dropped the "if you give us $500, we will list your car on all the sites and make sure it remains at the top of the listings with a guaranteed sale"...

Autotrader was also sending me Emile saying "someone is interested in your car, purchase a carproof"... Yada yada... I finally purchased the carproof and then not one email from autotrader of people interested... $71 scam IMO..

Tha said, someone who seen the car on the road texted me about the car, I told them I had a carproof and the n gave it to them, they ended up buying the car.. But I took a hit..

But the scams of "I know you have a carproof from 3 days ago but my "bank" needs a new one, give me your account info and name and I will send you the funds for a new carproof, don't send me the VIN as that won't help me.. ". What?!?!

The scams are outrageous.
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote