View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #792
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Also with this news, I'd be strongly side-eyeing the first vet.
Yes, a month ago when she had what was turned out to be a broken tooth and infection, she didn't even look in her mouth and said "at her age it's probably cancer. I can do some x-rays for $230."

I looked at her and said, "wouldn't that have gradually come on? I mean, you can see half her face is swollen, and she won't let me touch her. 2 days ago she was resting her head on my hand for hours. Maybe it is an infection?"

"Well, it could be, but I'd like to take x-rays to find out. We can see how bad the cancer is."
"can we try antibiotics for a few days?"
"Well, OK, but then bring her back for x-rays"
"Sure enough, 1 day later on antibiotics she was almost 100%"

So this time, she says "we better take x-rays to check for broken ribs" which seams fair enough. So they come back, and totally unrelated up by her chest she says "oh, that area looks like it is probably cancer. We should consider this before doing anything. I'd like to send them away to have them looked at by an exert. It'll be an extra $90".

At this point I'm like, OK, sounds good. Only $90. So after she gets the results she says they don't think it's cancer. Thanks. Does everything look like cancer to this vet?

Fortunately the vet I talked to today was very good(if not very late) and the surgeon was great.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote