View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #1188
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post
Arya's story-line the last 2 episodes has had terrible writing, however, everything else seems good (Blackfish dying seemed more of just not wanting to juggle another Actor onset -otherwise go help Sansa you twit).

Arya acts totally not like herself to get stabbed in the gut (careless), runs laps around the city as she is healing and takes on the Waif because the Waif can't fight in the dark better then Arya as Arya was blind for a couple weeks? The Waif has most likely had years and years of combat training, and the blind factor seemed like a Faceless men right of passage.

Faceless-men then just say "ok, you can go and be a Stark", because, why?

Saving grace would maybe be that this is the most complicated trap ever set-up by Arya to get the Waif in the chamber with Needle... but that is possibly worse writing?

/Dumb rant.
I was really hyped for Arya's story resolution, but leave underwhelmed. For the past two seasons, I've found it a little interesting, but also a little unsure in its delivery. I was willing to forgive some missteps for a satisfying conclusion, but didn't really get it. I read all the theories online about what Arya was up to. One thing that I never considered for a second was that she was actually just dumb enough to wander around unsuspiciously (and without Needle), and let herself get stabbed by a face changing assassin that she knew would be after her.

In the end though, it concluded in the only way it could have. Arya Stark is heading back to Westeros. I won't be too keen in re-watching the Arya in Braavos storyline because it seems there is nothing really to get. Arya joins some mysterious assassin group as a trainee, doesn't obey commands very well, betrays her commands one last time, barely survives, and then leaves them. I was hoping that there would be more to get, but apparently not. I hope she at least stole some faces off the wall that will come in handy in her future endeavours. But they didn't show any hint of that, so apparently we can't even have fun with that.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote