View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 04:18 PM   #237
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord1999 View Post
Because it didn't. There are many 5 star all around rated vehicles in NHTSA testing, many cars beat it on Euro NCAP and it hasn't been tested by the IIHS.
No idea why IIHS hasn't tested it yet. It's been around for a while now. The NCAP was a 2014 car. They didn't do 2015. Since 2014 then there have been a number of improvements in the car. For example, the car they tested doesn't have autonomous braking. They do now though. With firmare 7.0 they got autonomous braking and collision avoidance. And the car is always getting improved. Last nights update informed me that the Side Collision Warning has been improved to intervene earlier. They are constantly trying to improve the car, and make it safer. I know it's saved my wife's bacon before when it slammed on the brakes suddenly because the car in front her stopped suddenly. It has also veered me back into the lane when it sensed I was too close to a guardrail. There are sensitivity settings in the car. I have it set up to provide early warning. I know some people don't like so they try to discount it as not as good as others, but I think it's a pretty awesome car.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bossy22 For This Useful Post: