Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 10:13 PM   #233
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
I was just looking at the websites for TekSavvy and Shaw as I was considering moving based upon the advice in this thread. Unless I am missing something, TekSaavvy comes out to being $120 cheaper per year** but you lose Shaw Go Wifi and you would have to purchase your own wifi router.

Here is my math:

TS

$45 per month (300GB limit) +$110 for modem and shipping + $80 activation = $730 per year.

Shaw:

$45 for three months and $73 month thereafter (300GB limit)+ $60 installation = $852 per year.

** It doesn't appear to be a simple apples to apples comparison as Shaw seems to waive installation fees or lower prices to compete with TS. Purchasing a wifi router is also debatable as many people do that with Shaw as well. TS offers no download limit internet for $5 per month extra, but Shaw doesn't seem to be enforcing their limits currently.

I am honestly interested in looking at alternatives, but it doesn't appear that you save a lot of money by moving. Am I maybe missing something?

You should be considering the costs beyond the first year's non-recurring expenses. You saved $120 the first year after switching, but after that you are saving $336 per year.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post: