View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 11:06 AM   #866
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure if habs want him at C and he wants to play wing or if it's the other way around. Either way, it seems to be straining the relationship between them.

As for having 7 forwards as part of the core...you realize this team that has all of those 7 forwards on it is a bottom 3 team in the league right? Are you saying that the team only needs to find those right 5 players to put us over the top. That's insane. I'd put us at having 3 core forwards that I wouldn't really consider trading unless it's an over payment; Monahan, Gadreau, Bennett. I don't think they'd trade Frolik because he just signed here and that's not something you want to do IMO. On D I'd say Brodie and Hamilton and I don't think too many people would trade for Gio so I didn't include him but he's part of the core.

This team is more than 5 forwards away from being good and it has too man bottom 6 players and prospects. In order to shore up the part that they're weak in, you have to deal from the spot that they're strong in and you won't get a lot of top 6 players for average bottom 6 players. Backlund is a really good bottom 6 player so he can be traded (as part of a package) for a top 6 player.