View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #13
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by secol View Post
Just venting on my situation. Tore my Achilles on Monday night playing basketball, went to a hospital the same night and got a temporary splint and got an ultrasound appointment the following day along with a followup at the hospital.
When I went in for the followup to discuss my ultrasound, it was confirmed that I tore the Achilles and I was referred to the Cast Clinic to see an orthopedic surgeon. The earliest appointment available ended up being the following Monday (one week post injury) and from my research over this week, it is ideal to get surgery within 48 hours of the injury depending on how severe the rupture is. So I try to get more information from the hospital on the severity of my rupture and am basically told either I request the information and get it mailed to me in a month or to consult my family doctor/surgeon. Meanwhile I'm still stuck in a makeshift splint to hold my foot in a plantarflex position.
What sucks even more is from my research on CP, it seems as though other cases in the city were treated way quicker and it didn't take a week to consult a surgeon.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote